Monday, November 01, 2010

Glimpses of red light

If not only for this strips of light made by the sunbeams going through the roller-blinds and this Blade Runner-esque atmosphere I'm enjoying staying at work until sunset. Today just few glimpses concerning our new red light release.

Paul Kendall made an excellent job on album mix. It sounds so good that I can't believe it myself.

Some of my thoughts regarding the album "storyline" have sneaked into the official press release, which is quite grateful. At least I feel now that the interpretation of the songs is much more in my hands than it was ever before. And I'll be willing to explain, because what I disliked about the last release was the misinterpretations of what I've written. I'm even ready to translate (or re-poeticize) the lyrics into Czech, so that everyone shall not miss the album atmosphere as a whole. And guess what, I'm thinking about some kind of walkthrough or 'behind scenes', stay tuned.

Most of the songs on the album end all of a sudden - they are driving on and suddenly it's the end, no fadeout, no afterpiece. So is life sometimes. It gets rolling, you're enjoying and at your best, but suddenly the end comes out of the blue. You never know when it comes. That silence one second after is deafening. Like a silent reproach. Something was here, and it is no more. Did you think that the song would last forever?

Jnn

No comments: