Friday, September 17, 2010

red wine in the white room

Behind the glass of red wine, working on maybe 15th version of that damned song..made about 40 tracks, than reworked it from the start, than lost the data, so another couple of versions until now, when I'm getting to the point of deleting all the tracks and being back with "almost naked" version with just the piano and guitar motive from where it all started..

The ideas come and go and I can't get used to the fact that less sometimes means more. I wish how to add power and energy to the songs, for I've always wanted it. I wish to make a weird and atmospheric track I could be stunned by even myself. But how can I reach this when I hear this cluster of notes for maybe 500 times and over and over again? I don't have a clue. But I'm still secretly hoping that it is a good song. I remember listening to that guitar motive all over again at the start and I knew that there was something about it.

So there is a hope..even the song's lyrics are far from being optimistic. This song is gonna be near the end of the album, so it's quite obvious that "the clock is broken / it no longer keeps our time alive / it's cold here / and I can't see what lies beyond now" ; no, there ain't no happy endings, no titled ends, but with this album, who knows? ;)

Red wine's gone, farewell my baby..

No comments: