Thursday, July 02, 2009

White Room News again

right. after being cut off at work let's just say that I haven't been here too often. I'll be brief. Not quite much to write about lately. Or shall I write about a neverending artistic crisis? Better not. I am fighting hard and I strongly believe I will remain an artist. Although I feel I have not much to say. Sadly so. But wait. I have already promised to write songs about having nothing to say. We'll see.

But at the moment the status is as follows: I am trying to put together some ideas. The band performed few gigs but overall it seems there's not much happening around the band. IG has been on tour with Depeche Mode helping with their backstage video diary. Robert is pulling strings in the background and arranged a release party in newly rebuilt RockCafe in November. He has met Martin in an unnamed cocktail bar in Prague, unsurprisingly Martin recognized him and Rob received an apology from Martin's bodyguard.

The band has played cover of Moby's "Raining Again" on recent gigs. I don't like it, guys do. So it's probable we're gonna play it someday sometimes again.

We have almost reached a dreamed quota of having no audience at all at a concert. However, Ivan and his friend in Ceske Budejovice spoiled that ;) at least they had an interesting experience.

I visited Depeche Mode concert again. It was nice. I like them. It's like meeting a family that you haven't seen for a long time. But nothing more. Just a pleasant meeting. It's the first tour I see just one gig. Wait, maybe January again. My secret dream is to support them for one time.

Today I bought tickets for a U2 gig in Berlin.

Yesterday I bought tickets for Placebo Monday's show at Rock For People. The first time for me to visit this festival. Hmmm. And as a bonus - Bloc Party and Underworld. Looking forward to that.

I have ticket for Radiohead's August show already at home, last but not least.

I have registered to Twitter. Don't know why, as I have quite nothing to say recently ;)

Facebook here in Czech Republic seems to be more and more popular. That means, that morons who are often analphabetic in information environment (like politicians for example) started to discover this platform. And I feel it's no good. Too much discussion about how and why FB is or isn't good or bad pisses me off. Again, Czech republic discovers America. I read once an article about posh people leaving FB cause it was discovered by wide public. Maybe there's something about it.

Maybe too late, but I have discovered a band called WWW. They're subsumed under a 'hip-hop' box by media, but I believe that's too simple classification. It's strange and I feel art. It's sad, it's sinister and it's poetic. Check them out. http://www.myspace.com/neurobeat

That'll be it for now.

How sinister it is to live
And to breathe
And to see
All the things
Other can't even believe in.

No comments: