Tuesday, July 21, 2009

360 in Berlin

Been to Berlin. Really impressive city. If I was to describe it with one word, it would probably be "wide". It was like this town spread its wide open arms and warmly welcome everyone who enters. I'm working on processing some photos so supposedly they'll be ready soon.
U2 gig - monstrosity in one word. Very impressive. Now I know why they haven't included Czech Republic to their itinerary. We simply don't have stadium that large to have capacity for such huge stage set. Something like a monstrous spider or octopus. When they start to play "Unforgettable Fire" it gave me creeps. They're bunch of old guys but they all appeal like humans, who simply have fun playing their songs and enjoying that they can afford such a giant production.
I was pleased. And the lighthouse in the end during 'With Or Without You' or the gorgeous intro for 'Where The Streets Have No Name' - it was really a moving experience.

2 comments:

maxav said...

wish I was there.. what about Ultraviolet? Was it in playlist?

Janne Marvannen said...

it was! ;)