Sunday, February 26, 2006

GHOST?

I hope this won't give you creeps.
Well, the thing I would like to share with you today gave me creeps.
I saw once upon a time, when I was a child in A.C. Clarke's mysterious world a picture of a ghostly figure in some church. And I was really scared of it. I was about seven or eight years old and I remember that picture I had in my mind for a very long time and everytime I remembered that picture I got frisson.
You may laugh, it was just a picture and probably fake, but it wasn't very comfortable to think about what was really on the photograph.
I didn't forget about it for my entire life and since I have the internet at home, I started to hunt after that picture or to get some information about it. Just because I wanted to face up to the thing that scared me once in my childhood and I wanted to make it past once for all.
For years I wasn't successful, until today, I encountered this picture with a short comment on a site engaged in paranormal things.
Even after years, when I saw it, it gave me creeps. But I hope it won't scare me anymore (and honestly, lately I have encountered things a lot more scary and lot more real than this picture ;o)
So here it is, my scary picture of a hooded monk from my childhood. If you know something more about this picture, don't hesitate to write me. I'm really curious about it ;o)

ghost
Ghostly Monk
An image of a cowled monk standing by an altar. This photograph was taken in the early 1960s by the vicar of an unknown church in England. The Vicar did not see the ghostly phantom. But his developed film showed the tall phantom monk seen here. It appears to be about three meters tall. The film was carefully checked by photographic experts but showed no signs of tampering.

No comments: